From the desk of Jon Akers, Executive Director of Kentucky Center for School Safety
Save the Date
June 22-23, 2022
Law Enforcement in Schools Conference
Eastern Kentucky University, Perkins Building, Richmond
Hosted by the Kentucky Center for School Safety
This event is open to law enforcement and school administrators and will be FREE OF CHARGE. Registration will open in mid-March and will be on a first come, first serve basis. Attendance to this conference does include membership to the Kentucky Association of School Resource Officers (KYASRO) and the Kentucky DARE Association for law enforcement officers.
We will send an email out when registration is active.
This two-day event will include:
- Keynote speakers: Frank DeAngelis, former principal at Columbine High School and Jermaine Galloway (Tall Cop), expert in the detection and prevention of substance abuse.
- Social event at the Arlington Mule barn on Wednesday, June 22nd
- Law enforcement award ceremony during lunch on Thursday, June 23rd
Breakout sessions on the following topics:
- Mental health issues
- Law update
- Interviewing students
- Social media trends
- Human trafficking
- Building relationships – SROs and Administrators
- Threat assessment updates
- Legislative updates
- Building safe environments
Lodging blocks are being held at three locations and participants are responsible for their own lodging arrangements.
For more information, contact Lee Ann Morrison at firstname.lastname@example.org. See you then!